Temp Customer Service Representative
In search of a customer service representative who loves helping people as much as they love chocolate. Seattle Chocolate Company is a Northwest-based, woman-owned, and philanthropic chocolate manufacturer operated by hardworking optimists who seek to surprise and delight people across North America with their creamy, meltaway chocolate. We are hiring a temporary, part-time customer service representative to help support us during the busy holiday season. This candidate will support Seattle Chocolate’s digital and ecommerce customers via phone and email using Syspro and Shopify software. This position will be entirely remote.
Schedule: 20h/ week Nov 2023 - Feb 15, 2024
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, provide world-class customer service via phone and email.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Analyze and process customer requests for changes/updates to orders in a timely manner.
- Work with our CRM to manage order updates as needed.
- Effectively communicate with Management, Shipping and Accounting Departments to resolve order and product discrepancies accurately and quickly.
- Communication with couriers to resolve shipping discrepancies.
- Use decision making skills and experience to determine best course of action for exceptional situations.
- Maintain knowledge of product line and all pricing information.
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting with any technological/website malfunctions.
- Audit end of day reports to ensure order entry.
- Amazon order upload and fulfillment
- Provide SMS & Email scheduling assistance as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director EComm and Digital Marketing
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Technical Communication
- Excellent Customer Relations
- Problem Solving
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work load
- Must possess solid computer skills in Microsoft Office (outlook, excel, word, etc.)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2-3 years previous experience in a customer service environment
- Previous experience using Syspro CRM Software a plus.
- Previous experience using Shopify or similar ecommerce platforms a plus.
- Previous experience working with Amazon Seller Central a plus.
- Previous Klaviyo experience a plus.
A bit about working with us: We make chocolate and we have fun doing it! We value collaboration and creativity, and source ideas from every department - whether we’re coming up with a new chocolate bar flavor or an engaging marketing campaign. Protecting the earth and empowering its people are key to every part of our operations, and we love finding people that are as passionate about that as we are. Any other questions? Just ask!
Seattle Chocolate Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department.