What our compostable wrappers mean for the environment (and your garden)
Our new truffle twist wraps are made of cellulose, a principle structural material of plants, made from eucalyptus trees that are sustainably harvested from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) managed forests.
We make around 12.5 million truffles a year, which is about 8,000 pounds of bright truffle twist wrap.
These truffle wraps are expected to compost in 6-8 weeks in your home compost pile. We love the idea of all those bright truffle wrappers filling your compost bin and growing among your flowers!
Why Composting Matters
- Diverting waste to a home compost can make a big impact on reducing your carbon footprint. Here are just a few ways:
- Enriches soil, helping retain moisture and suppress plant diseases and pests.
- Reduces the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Encourages the production of beneficial bacteria and fungi that break down organic matter to create humus, a rich nutrient-filled material.
- Reduces methane emissions from landfills and lowers your carbon footprint.